|FUNCTION: Component of unactivated mammalian steroid receptor complexes that sediment at 8-10 S. May have a rotamase activity. May play a role in the intracellular trafficking of hetero-oligomeric forms of steroid hormone receptors.
* CATALYTIC ACTIVITY: Peptidylproline (omega=180) = peptidylproline (omega=0).
* SUBUNIT: Associates with HSP90 and HSP70 in unactivated steroid hormone receptor complexes. Also interacts with peroxisomal phytanoyl-coA alpha-hydroxylase (PHYH).
* SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: Nuclear and cytoplasmic.
* TISSUE SPECIFICITY: Widely expressed.
* PTM: Phosphorylation by CK2 results in loss of HSP90 binding activity (By similarity).
* SIMILARITY: BELONGS TO THE FKBP-TYPE PPIASE FAMILY.
* SIMILARITY: CONTAINS 2 FKBP-TYPE PPIASE DOMAINS.
* SIMILARITY: CONTAINS 3 TPR REPEATS.
Last Update 13-Mar-03