|Conflict 194 - 199 , RSCKIR -> PEAAKSDETAAK
FUNCTION: INVOLVED IN STRESS RESISTANCE AND ACTIN ORGANIZATION.
* SUBUNIT: Associates with alpha- and beta-tubulin and microtubules.
* SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: Cytoplasmic in interphase cells. Colocalizes with mitotic spindles in mitotic cells. Translocates to the nucleus during heat shock.
* INDUCTION: EXPRESSED IN RESPONSE TO ENVIRONMENTAL STRESSES SUCH AS HEAT SHOCK, OR ESTROGEN STIMULATION IN MCF-7 CELLS.
* PTM: Phosphorylated in MCF-7 cells on exposure to protein kinase C activators and heat shock.
* SIMILARITY: BELONGS TO THE SMALL HEAT SHOCK PROTEIN (HSP20) FAMILY.